Thursday, January 17, 2008

Disappointment

Sometimes we have to deal with disappointment. It is just a fact of life. We may have something that we want and then somehow we become disappointed.

I know disappointment. I have felt it all throughout my life in more ways that I would like to remember.

The important thing that we all need to learn to do is to be able to separate our feeling of disappointment from our true knowledge of inspiration and joy.

It is best told in Psalm 121, where the writer of the psalm praised God, saying

I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The Lord is your keeper;
the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all evil;
He will keep your life.
The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore.

Isn't that awesome? This psalm tells us that no matter what, God will be with he. Though me may suffer from time to time, we know that God will not let us stumble, He will not fall asleep on us.

The thing to remember in this case is that God will never leave us. Not only does my help come from God, but my strength and my joy comes from Him as well.

And that is all I need to know to be comforted.

No comments: