Thursday, December 6, 2007

Leadership

There is such a great difference between good and bad leadership, Godly leadership and selfish leadership.

And unfortunately, right now it seems that I am stuck right in the middle of a battle between two examples of both types of leadership.

Right now there is a real split going on in one of the organizations that I am involved in and it truly pains me to see how friends that I have seem to be divided as to who they support, the student or the teacher.

I personally feel that this is an example of younger, less experienced people not knowing what is best for the organization that they have been entrusted to take a leadership role in.

It is unfortunate that this is the case, and I hate speculating about things that I am not directly involved in, but I feel that in this situation it is important for me to say what I think and feel and for me to be clear as to this.

I feel that the organization is on the verge of a dangerous transitional period that could either cripple the organization or galvanize the members of the organization to grow together.

However, realistically, I know in my heart and in my mind that the only way for the current situation to be fixed is for there to be some alienation for the change is absolutely necessary.

And I really hate saying that. I really do.

But like I said, I know in my heart that the best thing for the organization is for there to be almost a pruning of members who are holding the organization back from achieving its overall goals.

All I can do is pray that this will work in the long run.

No comments: