Thursday, December 20, 2007

Finding Blessings

In a previous post I wrote about how important it is for us to be able to recognize the blessings that God has put before us.

Well today I found an amazing example of the blessings that God can and does provide to those to who are faithful to him.

I have made it no secret that I am planning on pursuing a path in missions to serve God and spread the word of the Gospel. Well, in the time being, since I am still a full time student, I attempt to take all the available opportunities to go and help spread the word of God.

Well, as you might imagine, this can be rather expensive.

Well, my mom called me and told me that she had spoken to someone who has quite a bit of influence in my home church (the pastor's wife) and she had taken an interest in my plans for missions and asked my mom to have me set up a time so that we could sit down and talk. So today I met with her at the Panera Bread in Southern Pines.

Wow was I amazed at what we talked about as well as the blessing that this meeting has given me!

In this time of discussion, she told me how I should go about trying to gain funding for my mission trip to Southeast Asia and the ways that I need to go about attempting to secure that funding.

She further told me that she would attempt to help me with my pursuit of help from the church for she wanted me to be able to see that the church where I grew up would take care of me.

Wow, simply wow. It is amazing how good God is to us if we just listen. I could have not set up this meeting, I could have (excuse the language) half-assed what I told her, but instead I recognized this as an opportunity and low and behold it was a blessing from God.

The funding for my Southeast Asia trip was one of the things that has been worrying me for a while, so to know that God has blessed me with a potential source of funding to help pay for the trip is such a relief that I know that God is looking out for me.

And I pray that this will continue to occur in the future, but not just for me. I pray that we will all jump on the opportunities that are presented to us and be able to recognize that God blesses us through these opportunities.

Moral of the story: it is through opportunity that God blesses us, we just need to be able to recognize it.

No comments: