Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Relationships

So, you ever listen to something or watch something and come to realize that it has more of a meaning to it than what you originally thought?

I love it when that happens. I really do. It is like coming to know something even better because you are able to read deeper into it.

Now how about when you come to that realization and it is about a person? That is even better, because it seems to form a bond that you did not realize was there.

Well, in my life, it is annoying because there are some people where I feel like I have reached that point with them, but then they say or do something and it leads me to question just how well i thought I knew that person.

Honestly, it drives me crazy to think that I don't know a person as well as I thought I did. Here I am, trying to be a good friend, supportive, caring, questioning, yet the person that I am trying to get to know better does not seem to want to have anything to do with this.

AHHHHHH!

It just drives me crazy sometimes because I think that this person knows that I am meaning well, but I just can't do anything about it.

Oh well, maybe it is just me seeming like a nosy, cocky person who needs to back off. Or maybe I just really don't know this person as well as I would like.

Relationships are a tough thing, be they between me and friends, me and classmates, me and anybody. I really think sometime that yes, I am a good person to get along with, but at the same time I don't seem to be a person that people like to confide in.

And that drives me insane. Ever since my parent's split, I have attempted to make myself available for others when they are in need of expressing feelings, yet not many people like to take me up on these offerings.

Maybe I should just accept the fact that I may not be "that person," meaning the one that people turn to when they have problems.

Or better, maybe I should attempt to adjust my communication tactics and further try to open myself to my friends.

Only time will tell...

No comments: