Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Uncertainty

Alright, so, everyone feels a bit of uncertainty when they leave their own country. I know that I certainly have felt butterflies in my stomach every time I board a flight to leave the country from RDU.

I think that this is natural, knowing that I am leaving my home, my comfort zone, my country to travel to another land for a time. I felt that way when I traveled to Brazil and I am sure that I will feel this way when I travel to Argentina, Honduras and Malaysia.

That said, it is not as if I was leaving my country for tourism. I am leaving my country with the thought that I am traveling to serve God by spreading the good news of the Gospel.

All I can think about in this is when Abram (soon to be Abraham) was commanded by God to travel from his home with his wife Sarai to a new land in Genesis 12:1-2, where the Bible says that "Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go from your country and your kindred and your father’s house to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing."

Notice what that tells us? It says that when God commands us to do something, if we do it, then God will bless us so that we might be able to bless others with our works.

The other thing that I find in this verse is the amazing is the faith that Abram demonstrates. Here he is, a simple man of 75 who lives with his wife, when all of the sudden God tells him to up and move to a new land. And does Abram question this command? No, he ups and surrenders to the will of God and goes to the new land with the blessing of God.

And I know that if I travel with and in God, then I should have nothing to worry about. Not to say that things won't go wrong, but to say that I am blessed by God as I travel to do His bidding.

2 comments:

everjoy said...

you will do just fine...

everjoy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.