Saturday, February 23, 2008

Inspiration

For this post, I am going to do a something a little different in that I am planning on discussing certain song lyrics that are important to me as well what these lyrics mean to me. Just a quick warning before you start reading, these are all lyrics by Christian artists, but they are what some would consider dark. So, here goes.

"I can only imagine that wrath is being held out
So there will be time for us to be redeemed
But surely wrath is not being held out
So that we may redeem ourselves"
"Wrath Upon Ourselves" by As I Lay Dying

This lyric sticks out in my mind in that it, to me, it demonstrates the true nature of our time here on the earth. In this lyric, I find the truth in that we are not on this earth in order to find our salvation in ourselves, but we are here to be redeemed by the one who is withholding wrath (God for those who don't know haha).


"This is what it took for me to see.
WHEN I AM GOD this church is unsound."
"Vices Like Vipers" by Oh, Sleeper

This lyric to me is important in that it demonstrates the difficulty that people have in recognizing that they are not the center of all that is around them for when they view themselves as such, they are out of control of their lives.


"Slipping away, it occurs to me that my cries are worthless
Acknowledging death, I no longer mourn my own loss
And begin to sing praises to the one that has me here."
"Salty Grave" by Life in Your Way.

This lyric shows me the true state in which we live, in that we must be able to acknowledge that our earthly lives will eventually end and that with that acknowledgment we will be better able to praise our Heavenly Father.


"Despite the best of maps and the bravest men
For all their mighty names and massive forms
There'll never be and has never been
A ship or fleet secure against the storms"
"Kings Upon the Main" by Thrice

This lyric is meaningful to me in that in this I see the thought that no matter what man thinks may be leading them, nothing that can be made by man will lead us to salvation.


"I am just a man with a heart and sinful hands,
I am a fallen victim,
Lord, show me the way."
"Redemption" by August Burns Red

This, the final lyric that I am going to talk about, is one of the most meaningful lyrics to me and if you notice, this is also in the description of what my blog is about. This lyric shows how I view my life and my salvation, in that I do not deserve the salvation that I have, in fact if anything I deserve to fall due to the sin that I have committed, but I know that when I accepted Christ as my Lord, I asked Him to show me the way, and I believe that He will.

No comments: