Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Trust

So as you may or may not know, I am currently planning on traveling to the countries of Paraguay, Argentina, Honduras and Malaysia at different times throughout this year in order to go and share the Gospel with people. This is all well and good and I know that this is what I am meant to be doing.

Then the worry starts to creep in. That little thought in the back of my mind saying "How in the world are you planning on paying for all of this? Do you have any idea how much this is going to cost?"

And then I start to worry. I think to my self, Oh man, how am I going to be able to work so that I am able to provide for the money that I need to pay for these trips?

And that I where I recognize that I am at fault in that I am worrying about something earthly and that this worry could potentially lead to me not being able to perform when I need to. In other words this worry could potentially keep me from recognizing a blessing from God.

I remember one of the sermons that JD Greear gave at church last year, where he told of his daughter would, when she wanted something would yell out in a way that would progressively become louder and faster. To this, JD sould respond "Child, calm down. Have I ever not provided you with what you have needed."

So, in this situation, I am the child basically yelling at God, "Hey, God, I kind of need to know where this money is coming from and I need to know asap." But then God is the parent, looking down on me and going "Um, Doug, have I ever not provided for you in the past?"

And so with that in mind, I need to remember that I need to be patient, to trust in God knowing that He will provide for me in His time, on His schedule, not on my schedule.

I need to just keep remembering that it is not that God applies His will specifically to me, but that I need to find a way to apply my life to God's will and that in His will He will provide for me.

No comments: