Saturday, May 31, 2008

Honduras Trip Part 2

Wednesday - Day 1

So, we're here. That's really the best way to describe today. I must say that I truly love the ironies of flying into the Third World. While inside the airport the nation tries to make itself appear clean and modern and economically well off, two steps outside and this illusion is instantly shattered.

Anyway, we are here. An eventful day of flying, speedily walking (not running) in the Miami airport, lunch at KFC watching Champions League soccer in Tegucigalpa, then the drive and introduction to the city of Choluteca. And all I can think is "Thank you Lord for getting us this far."

Today was the easy day, as tomorrow is when the true work starts. Tomorrow is when we start building the house, which was and is the reason that we are here in the first place.

I have prayed about this trip, and I am greatly anticipating helping another that it might lead to bringing glory to God. What I need to pray about now is that I not let the petty things get in my way and prevent me from being fully able to share the Gospel. Things such as discomfort, heat, laziness, all are things that can sideline me if I let them.

So, as we go out tomorrow, I just need to keep in mind why I am here, who I am here for, and in the end, it will result in the bringing of glory to God.

"For am I now seeking the approval of man or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galations 1:10

No comments: