Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Honduras Trip Part 3

So, after too long of a lay over between posts, here is part three.

Thursday - Day 3

So, where to start. How about the beginning? It is a very good place to start.

Wow, did I really just write that? I must be more tired than I realized. Oh well, today was our first day on the work site, and I must say that I am amazed at just how productive we were. While not quite Taylor's "one best way," it was pretty darn close.

All I can do for that is to give all the glory and honor to God. He enabled us to achieve the goals that we set for ourselves, which for today meant getting five layers of brick put down as well as getting a start on putting down a concrete floor.

My main job in getting this done involved working the block saw with my best friend, Nathan. For those of you who don't know what a block saw is, imagine a rotary saw, make the blade 14" wide, attach a two-stroke gas engine, and make it as loud as a rock concert. Oh yeah. If you need a visual, click the link. http://www.transtools.co.uk/store/images/uploads/ts-400.jpg

Anyway, our job was to use this beast of a machine to cut blocks to size. So to sum up, today I was bringing glory to God by using the biggest power tool I have ever seen. That was awesome.

As I was in Brazil and Argentina, I was constantly amazed at the poverty that is rampant in this area. Yest, just as in Argentina and Brazil, I am further overcome by the joy that they people possess. It is truly a beautiful and amazing thing.

Well that is all for now.

No comments: